I’ve seen this tag floating around the BookTube community and thought it might be quite fun to have a go at!
1. Name a cartoon(s) that you love
The Simpsons! I’ve been obsessed with The Simpsons since I was about 8 years old, it used to be a family tradition in my house, we would all watch one episode together before bedtime.
2. What is your favourite song right now?
I cannot believe I’m saying this but I really like Sign of the Times by Harry Styles. Sixteen year old me who thought she was too good for boybands is fuming right now.
3. What could you do for hours (that isn’t reading)?
So. Many. Shows…
4. What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?
I love acting! I’m most comfortable when I’m onstage, pretending to be other people. Sometimes I think I’d like to make a career out of it, but for now, it’s just a hobby.
5. What is your favourite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?
Whenever I discover a new favourite film or TV show, I look it up on IMDB and read all the ‘behind the scenes trivia’. I don’t know if that’s interesting or just a really efficient way to waste time. Maybe both?
6. What is something unusual you know how to do?
This isn’t that unusual but I can quote the film School of Rock pretty much word for word. Don’t judge me, it’s a brilliant film.
7. Name something you’ve made in the last year (and show us, if you can)
It’s not the best, but it was the first time I drew and painted anything in a while so I was pretty excited about it.
8. What is your most recent personal project?
My first answer would be that I’m writing a novel but seeing as this is the anything but books tag, I’ll say setting up an Etsy store! I’ve been sewing a lot of bunting recently so I was thinking of selling some. Watch this space for more information…
9. Tell us something you think about often (maybe while staring out of windows)
The future. It’s terrifying and exciting in equal measure! I also spend a lot of time dreaming up imaginary scenarios that I KNOW will never happen in real life.
It usually involves me winning an Oscar.
10. Give us something that’s your favourite, but make it something oddly specific.
My favourite thing to eat when I get hungry in the middle of the night is cheese and crackers. I know you shouldn’t eat cheese before you sleep but I’d do anything for cheese, to be honest. I just love cheese.
This was a really fun tag to do! Feel free to leave your answers in the comments and let me know if there are any other tags I could do – bookish or otherwise!